Saturday, March 25, 2006

Ok the Ramblin Hillbilly is back. It's been a couple days since I've posted but I've been busier than hell. My buddy Rex had his grand opening today and did pretty decent, I was there most of the day. Around 3:30 or so my department gets paged out for a structure fire so I rush out and get to the station just to get put on stand down status. Well we set around for a few minutes and the other department that got paged out gets on scene and says they can handle it. I'm thinking good at this point cause I've gotta take a major dump, I mean I'm prarie doggin it, it's that bad. Well no sooner than I get on the toilet and start to take a shit than we get paged out again for the same structure fire, so it's clinch up the butt cheeks, wipe the ass and throw on the bunker gear. It took us about 15 minutes to get on scene (it was a curvy road) and when we got there the other department that was on scene had 2 tankers and the rescue squad there. Well it turned out to be a chimney fire that burned through the roof a little cause the IDIOTS apparently didn't get the stove pipe back on securely after cleaning the chimney and stove. Anyway the house was saved, It's gonna cost a bit to repair but not alot was really damaged, had part of the wall where the chimney was located ripped out and a bit of water damage, and the attic which I didn't see but from talking to people that were up there was pretty bad. If a couple more minutes had went by before the other department had got on scene the house would have been a total loss. All in all everybody did a damn good job and it makes me proud to say that I am a volunteer fire fighter.

As Always

Love mo or hate me, You will remember me

The Ramblin Hillbilly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home