Friday, June 12, 2009

Ok, I hope none of the family reads this particular blog because it will piss them off even further. Yesterday the wife and mother got into it because of my little sister and her Charlie Foxtrot of a wedding. The brides maids dresses have came in after being ordered from Davids Bridal and need to be checked for alterations. The scheduled day to try them on was today but my wife Cindy couldn't atend due to work. My sister Stephanie texts Cindy and asks her to come and try on and when she says she cant Stephanie goes completely nutz. BrideZilla style, my mother backs my little sister because they are busom buddies and when I supported my wife all HELL broke loose. Mom starts going nuts on me over supporting Cindy over her and Steph. I'm half tempted to say to heck with it and not even attend the Charlie Foxtrot of a wedding anyway. My wife and I are the black sheep now because we don't bow down to what they want. I still respect my mother because The Lord says to honor your parents, I still love my mother because that love is unconditional. But right now untill they realize what they are doing and tearing the family apart my wife and I are removing ourselves from the situation.

Next topic my love and hate of Jeeps.

Yesterday my father in law Tom and I decided to change the brakes on my Jeep. Now don't get me wrong I love my Jeeps, when they are working. When they are broken or need mantinance done they are a pain. The tires came off easily as did the brake pads because they were almost completely gone. Now came the fun part, the rotors"which have not been off of the Jeep since it came off the assembly line in 2004. An hour and a half later and beating, banging, WD40 and a little bit of blow torching later the right rear rotor came off. Repeat process on left rotor. Three hours into the job both of the rotors which needed to be turned severely were off. As we walked into the parts store the owner looks at the rotors and almost laughs. Long story short an hour late the rotors were turned and we were on our way back to the Jeep. No big deal putting the rotors back on and the rest of the brake assembly, we were in a hurry due to getting wet from the raging thunderstorm. We were under a carport but the wind was blowing so we were still getting wet. As I am heading down the road home I hear a loud clicking and vibration from the rear of my Jeep(turn around and head back.) Turns out that we didn't get the emercency brake pad back in the right location and that was the source of the problem. After a bit more beating and banging and getting wet we solved the problem and our 7 hour brake job was done.

As Always

Love me or hate me, You will remember me

The Ramblin Hillbilly

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. S. said...

It's always better to back your wife.. I know a few men who could stand to learn from your example.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Remember, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home