Monday, June 08, 2009

Why is it that here lately all of my posts have been things that have been pissing me off? First off I have been paired with some of the most special people I have ever had the dis pleasure of knowing in the course of my online classes. These people and I have to write a collaborative paper on non verbal communication with each of us covering an aspect of the topic. I just hope that we can scrape by with a passing grade because anything more would be a miracle. Now I am not the smartest person in the world , I will be the first to admit that but these people are truly special.

Next on the list is the hours that I have been working for the pay I am recieving. Lets just say that the pay I am getting is above minimum wage but not by much. The hours, which normally are not bad, 1800-2400 or 1900 -0100 have been changed. Due to the administration and all their infiniate wisdom the hours for these particular sites(which I happen to work a lot) have been changed to 2300-0400. That sucks but that is not the true issue behind my ramble this morning. On my way to one of these sites last night I stop in a convenience store to buy an energy drink only to find they only stock redbull and it was close to 4 dollars a can. I think you can guess what hapopened there, they kept their meager stock of energy drinks and I fought sleep the entire night.

On a bright note my lovely wife Cindy in her love of cooking baked a home made coconut cake with buttercream frosting which was also home made. This cake has icing that is nearly 2 inches thick on all sides and if you eat too large a piece you will go into a diabetic coma. But it would so be worth it if you happen to like coconut cake.

I just got a call from Mayflower movers this morning aswell and got a very good estimate about an up and coming move that I am really looking forward to. I also have a few reservations about the move aswell but I am trusting in God to take care of those. This would give me the chance at a very lucrative career in an industry that is hard to get into.

Next on my ramble list this morning is a good thing. Over the weekend I got to take my Jeep down to the inlaws and detail it and get it cleaned out really well. That in it's self made me really happy because the Jeep was getting really nasty where I work insane hours. But to the meat and potatoes of this particular story. My father in law whos name happens to be named Tom still has his old muscle car from his younger days. When we get finished cleaning my Jeep he cracks a grin and tells me to back it up. As I'm wondering what he has in mind he starts into the garage with a set of keys in his hand. As I look at my wife I see her grinning from ear to ear and when I turned back around he took the cover off of a 1970 Plymouth Road Runner. Now I have known about the car for as long as I have known my wife and I have even sat in it before but I had never heard it fire up before. At this point I'm grinning from ear to ear because I finally get to hear her fire up. I am not the most car savvy but this thing has a monster of an engine with the 440+6 and when she fired up it was truly awe inspiring. Now the rumble she puts off just idleing is gorgeous in and of it's self when you get on the throttle look out. She will rattle windows for a quarter mile. It was truly deafening, I am trying to convince Tom to take it out to the drag strip but his recent battle with cancer has been keeping him from that. Maybe next summer we can take it to the street fights down at the Bristol Motor Speedway dragstrip. As soon as I get a decent camera I will take some pictures and post them.

As Always

Love me or hate me, You will remember me.

The Ramblin Hillbilly

3 Comments:

Blogger The Ramblin Hillbilly said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:14 AM  
Blogger The Ramblin Hillbilly said...

I know it is un organized but it is early and I need more sleep

7:15 AM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Just write about whatever you feel like Bill... For be blogging is a release. Brain farts, mental vomit, whatever... I get it out of my head and onto the blog as soon as I can before it starts to fester a pollute my gray matter.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home