Monday, September 25, 2006

The Ramblin Hillbilly is back from his grand adventure to Waynesburg PA. What was I doing there you might ask? I was working at the largest coal prep plant in the world.


Let me say that I am awestruck, This place is the epitome of efficiency. I talked to one of the plants foremen and here are a few facts I learned.

1.: Cost, It would take 1.2 Billion to replace should a natural disaster such as a tornado or earthquake tear it down.

2: It can load 14 trains with an average of 300 cars each in a 12 hour day.

3: This plant is capable of producing up to 24,000 tons an hour!!!



Above are a few of the big wigs overlooking the new 22 Million dollar belt line that runs almost a half mile long.

Now that all of that is said let me say that aside from the last 25 hour shift at the plant due to a machine that went from SNAFU to TARFU all the way to FUBAR while we were there and had to fix it was a generally enjoyable trip.

Ps. If I am wrong on any of the stated facts above please forward your complaints department, ATTN: Plant Foreman

As Always

Love me or hate me, You will remember me.

The Ramblin Hillbilly

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. S. said...

My dad works at a coal plant...

***Starts belting out- "Well I was born a coal miner's daugher..."

Okay, not really a coal miner.. More like a coal plant control room operator. His finger muscles are enormous from all his button pushing. And I wasn't exactly "born" his daughter, he just raised me.. But I'm still his daughter...

Oh, hey, look at that.. Now I'm "ramblin." ;)

3:47 PM  
Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

They're putting a coal fired electric pland in not far from here...

I can almost smell the coal smoke already.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home