Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ok it has been a while since I have posted on here due to moving and the nightmare that has came along with that. I start my new job on the rail road Monday, training begins at 7:30 am. I have never been a morning person so this is going to be fun but for more than double my previous salary I will deal with it.

On to the next thing I got to go out on the Big O. Thats right the Big O. At 5:45 this morning my landlord is setting in the driveway waiting on me. Skip, my landlord has a really nice bass boat and since he did not have anybody to go with he snagged me and we went fishing out on lake Okachobee, the bass fishing capitol of the world. Although the trip kinda sucked because we played dodge the rainstorm all day we caught a few fish. A bit later in the day we were kinda close to the docks and a pisser of a rain storm came up real quick and we had to boogie to avoid getting drenched. So as we are going through the channel to the docks Skip just gets up and says "here drive" so I got to drive the bass boat while he stowed away the rods. As we are approaching the docks he hands me the keys to his f250 and says bring the trailer around and I will pull the boat on it. Now there is a tournament going on on the Big O today so the parking lot was packed, trucks, suvs and even a couple of cars with boat trailers attached. I had to display my impressive trailer backing skills, Now I am thankfull that I spent all that time learning to back a fire engine with the mirrors. We just did make it back under the car port to store and cover the boat before it really pissed down. All in all it wasnt the greatest day out on the water but I got to fish Okachobee. I love being so close to this lake, lots more fishing to do in the near future, although I may very well have completely regear my tackle and rethink the way I fish.

As Always

Love me or hate me, You will remember me

The Ramblin Hillbilly

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Glad you got out on The Big "O" yesterday Bill! (I'm, also glad we finally got that bed into your bedroom...) Be at my place at 7AM Monday!

8:03 AM  
Blogger honkeie said...

I have yet to catch a fish worth even a mention lol

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home