Sunday, December 27, 2009

I enjoy my job, there is no question about that. But lately I've been missing home alot, you can take a hillbilly out of the mountains but you cant take mountains out of the hillbilly. That being said I am in southern florida about 1000 miles away from the only thing I have ever considered home in the hills of West Virginia. I just spent the first christmas ever away from the majority of my family back home. For the first time in atleast 8 years that I can remember there was a white Christmas with almost 2 feet of snow on the ground. I love taking my Jeep 4 wheeling in the snow. I work night shift 7 days a week so I am never at home to sleep with my wife but I usually come home and go straight to bed and get a few hours in bed with her so that is good.

Now all the negativity out of my system, I am sure I could come up with more if I really sat and thought about is but I dont want to get depressed so on to the good stuff. As my regular salary I make 18.20 an hour with a mandatory 16 hours ot a week so the check looks good. I have made in a few months what I made in 2 years back in WV. I just worked Christmas eve and day and made double time, that's 36.40 an hour for 16 hours. Since I have been down here I have purchased 2 new guns, a 37 inch flat screen lcd tv, put almost 2 carats of diamonds on my wife's hand with an additional surprise to come. I bought her a 400 dollar watch for Christmas. Why because I could. I frequently eat steaks, and not the cheap kind. I am sending my wife to the Richard Petty driving school to do 18 laps at Homestead Miami. And to top it all off we are going on a 3500 dollar cruise to Alaska in July. I am going to be in Alaska on my birthday. I have always wanted to Go to Alaska but have never been able to afford it at 8.25 an hour. Life is not perfect, far from it. But I have a good job making a damn good salary, I have a wife that loves me and I am living in a nice neighborhood in a great house. Lawton Oaklahoma is by far a worse place than purgatory, I mean Clewiston Fl to live. All this being said we have to step outside of our comfort zones if we ever expect to expand our horizons. Fortune does favor the bold so here I am. I have taken a big and BOLD step 1000 miles outside my comfort zone and I am going to make the best of it.

As Always

Love me or hate me, You will remember me

The Ramblin Hillbilly

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Sometimes you've just got to DO IT, and never settle...

5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home