Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Ok it has been a while since I posted, mainly because I've been worn out and haven't felt like it. But I have experienced some pretty cool things lately. This past friday I went out to the lake with my good buddy Ranger Tom and watched the shuttly launch at midnight. That was really cool, first off they were about 300 miles from here and it really lit up the sky. Secondly I could see them as the shuttle flew into space, it was really cool because it looked like a little fireball shooting up through the sky.

On to the next cool thing, Sunday afternoon I drove to Sanibel island on the Gulf of Mexico and went swimming with my lovely wife. But some of the coolest of all the things that I have done while down here is learning my new job. Climbing all over the train cars and all over the locomotives. I know I will be so sick and tired of seeing themby the end of the crop I wont want to see another one for a while but it is cool now.

But the coolest thing of all, hands down, no questions asked is the paycheck. I'm not going to list a number here but lets just say I am making in one week here during training at 40 hours a week what I would have made in two weeks at home busting my balls. I'm definately looking forward to getting the crop started and getting that overtime.

As Always

Love me or hate me, You will remember me

The Ramblin Hillbilly

2 Comments:

Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

Are you now glad you finally listened to me?

;)~

5:49 PM  
Blogger honkeie said...

do they have any openings? I love hard dirty well paid work!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home