Wednesday, October 12, 2011


Been a while since my last post I know. Not because of a lack of things that sufficiently piss me off because I work for the GEO Group but because of a general lack of time and desire. All my class work is online and there is a substantial amount of that because I am in my junior year and taking philosophy and ethics which is almost over thank God. That being said when I complete my homework and submit that I am burnt out of the computer for a while and I really want nothing to do with it for a while. I need a bit of a cooling off period so to speak.

In keeping with tradition I usually post about things that piss me off and I will not make an exception for this post. As I previously stated I work for the GEO Group, in Columbia South Carolina. The name of the facility is Columbia Regional Care Center but it would me more appropriately called a snake pit, den of vipers or a host of other derogatory terms I am not going to take the time to type out. I have never seen a more back stabbing group of bastards in my life. Let me say this before I go further into my ramble about these communist bastards, there are a few good supervisors. But most of the supervisors are communist bastards that get off on treating people like ass! They set traps for people to fall into and delight in firing damn good officers. One example of this is that all officers were required to be qualified to carry pepper spray and to be qualified you had to be sprayed. Well several of the officers who used the pepper spray are no longer with us because they have been fired for using the tool forced upon them. They would rather us lay hands on the inmates and expose ourselves to injury than to spray them and end the situation. Trust me if you have never been sprayed with pepper spray or even worse pepper foam you will have no desire to fight. The only thing you will be concentrated on is getting that crap off of your face. Inmates no longer want to fight staff once they have been sprayed, they just want to get to the showers to get the spray washed off. They give us the spray to use but fire us if we use it, WTF? They would rather us fight with these inmates and get ourselves or them hurt in the process.

WTF question number two, why cant we get a raise? Now The Ramblin Hillbilly knows that the times are tough and the ignorant bastards in DC could care less about the little man. But I digress, The GEO Group is the second largest private corrections corporation in the WORLD! They are buying up companies that will cause them to surpass Corrections Corporation of America, the worlds largest private correctional corporation. In the 16 months that I have worked for GEO they have spent BILLIONS upon BILLIONS buying new properties but I have not received so much as a penny on the hour raise! Now I am trying to quit cussing but WHAT THE FUCK? And they wonder why turnover rates are so high.

Oh well I am off to bed because it is 2am and I am tired,

As Always,

Love me or hate me, You will remember me

The Ramblin Hillbilly


1 Comments:

Blogger ThatsDOCTORHorhayToYou said...

You can roast in the pits of Hell!!! Not really. I fully understand where you are coming from. Having worked with you in various places throughout the years, I know when it gets bad enough for you to say some of the things that you have recently said to me, then it's time to move on to something else. Hope things look up for you and look forward to seeing you back in the state you belong in.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home