Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I know I said I was going to keep my WTF questions for friday but this one just could not wait. The Ramblin Hillbilly is not one to ask for help very often but when I do you can rest assured that is is honestly needed. I know is is said that pride has been the downfall of many men but if someone were to ask me this country has lost it's sense of pride and that is alot of what is wrong today. Anyway back to the initial reason for my post, my food run to walmart.

My one and only reader Ranger Tom knows that I have severely broken my foot and knows how so I will not go into that. As I get to walmart and crutch my way into the main entrance I see that there are no little electronic buggys avaliable. I stand there for a second holding my foot that just so happens to be in a big white cast up waiting for assistance while the door greeter and some other hispanic customer hold a conversation. I finally say excuse me loud enough to get her attention only to hear "no abla englais" and she returned to her conversation. No big deal, suck it up grab a buggy and hop my way through the food section. As I am struggling to make my way down the aisles there are several employees attempting to stock various parts of the grocery section. Once again no big deal they are doing their jobs. It is when I notice them start to get annoyed with me not moving quick enough that I start to get agitated. Excuse me (the injured customer doing his best to move) for impeding your progress in any way. I let that part go thinking that no matter where I go I am going to run into people like this and there is no sense in getting upset about it.

Fast forward to the check out line, my one bright point in this whole excursion to the local communist retailers. To her credit the cashier is actually nice to me and seems genuinely concerned. I informed her that I had been better but I had been worse too, we shared a laugh, I paid for my food and started to hop out the door. Now as I am pushing the cart out of the store one of my crutches was sticking out too far and got hung on the security device and fell. This is where I truly got pissed off. The manager/door greeter with a little badge that said 10 years of service looked at my fallen crutch, looked me straight in the eye and then turned around, began a conversation with another employee and walked away!

So I am prompted to ask What The Fuck???????????????????????????????????????????? Has everybody lost that sense of customer service? Has everybody lost that sense of helping a man in need? It seems to me that they have indeed and it is truly a sad day when a hillbilly like me, Stubborn and Proud as they come needs help and it is no where to be found.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

And you're surprised about this?

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home